Without love,

life is a journey through a desert. John Miller

  • Quote of the day.

    "Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy." Issac Newton
  • November 2008
    S M T W T F S
    « Oct   Dec »


Posted by thesinger on November 26, 2008

Today I got up at 7:15 with the chipper/groggy morning mood upon me once again. I bounded up the stairs two at a time-as I usually do-poured myself a cup of hot water from the coffee maker, dumped in a pack of Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate and sat down at the breakfast table with the rest of my family.

Family devotions happened as normal. After the normal inspirational reading from The Daily Discipler, by Neil T. Anderson, we sang two songs out of the Church Hymnal. (We’re singing through the entire hymnal, even the stuff we don’t know.) I prepped for the day in the time of 25 minutes and arrived at work by 8:02. AM

I forgot to stick my handheld radio in my belt before I left home, so I had to go home and get it, since I don’t feel connected/available-for-comment otherwise. Pain.

I hauled large square alfalfa bales in from Zook 1/4 to Grandpa’s hay shed, stacked them, and did some other random organizing and counting of bales for about two hours. I spent the next two hours up at Hastago burning some brush piles that were sitting there since the major ice storm last winter.

Mom made some Navajo Taco’s for lunch. (i.e. deep-fat-fried dough with the normal taco fixings.) Truly an inventive, creative, and unusual lunch idea. About 18 minutes before I needed to be at work, (we were finished eating by then) I decided that I would be in the mood for a cup of coffee. So I made me a cup of coffee. (Check out the terrible grammar. . .)

I got to work 11 minutes late, because of my coffee, but no one noticed. It was nice.

This afternoon I pulled out some trees that were obstructing the view to the road from the new lane that services our new truck scales. “They” say that wisdom is the result of many mistakes, made and corrected over a lifetime. My tree-pulling experience verified that wisdom may come more slowly for some than others.

Ok, so, like a lame duck, I picked the biggest cedar tree (15 inch diameter) to pull first, and then wrapped the chain around the base of the tree. Well, it didn’t work so well, as I learned after I broke the cable that attached the tractor to the chain. Groan. It took about 25 minutes until the chain was repaired and I was ready to try again. This time, I decided that I would try a smaller tree and attach the chain further up. Thankfully, that one pulled out with a hint of ease.

On the third attempted tree, I pulled out the loop from original repair job and had take it back again to the shop and fix it. By this time Loyal was finished with what he was doing and came to help me. We tightened the ubolts as tight as we dared and tried it again. (if you’re still reading by this time, that’s great. There’s more good news up ahead.) It worked.

The rest of the trees pulled out as smoothly as we could have asked for. The big one was a bit stuborn, but it came forth with a bit of patience and clutching finesse.

I spent the next hour shoveling dirt back into a trench that we had dug for the purpose of laying a wire. Brilliant, huh? Yeah, my back thought so too after 45 minutes of shoveling.

The last 30 minutes of work didn’t involve much work, since 30 minutes isn’t enough time to get any work done. That was ok with me.

I got off work at 5 o’clock, came home, (which is what you do after you get off work), and worked some Anonymous Somebodies music. Next, I ate a supper of cottage cheese and cinnamon rolls. It was lovely.

I took a warm/hot shower which was delightful and relaxing. I donned some warm Pj’s, and drank my second cup of hot chocolate for the day. Next I read twenty minutes worth in Saint, by Ted Dekker. (It’s a captivating read. Read Showdown first, then read Saint. It’s worth it.)

At that point, I thought it was time for some Dutch Blitz, so I rallied the proverbial troops and we played a game. I won; I like Dutch Blitz.

Next I sat down at the computer and began to write this post and to chat with unusual abandon. The post was less important to me at the time than chatting, therefore it didn’t get done as fast as the chatting did. Currently, it’s my bedtime and I’m feeling ready be there. Oh, I forgot; I spent an hour talking on the phone with VJ between the hours of 10 and 11 o’clock. It was a good time of sharing the sobs as well as the high points of our existence.

So, there you have it, my day in written form. It was a good day. It had the normal bumps and shivers, but, overall, I survived it quite nicely.

Peace in the valley,



3 Responses to “Today.”

  1. Austin said

    Hey dude, sweet post, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of your enemies today (just so long as I’m not an enemy) peace. random thinker

  2. Kevin said

    entertaining read. I enjoyed that.

  3. Easy said


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: